2022 Alpine Ontario Race Schedule
*All dates are tentative
|RACE DATE||AGE||LOCATION||RACE TYPE|
|January 15||U16/19||Caledon Ski Club||SL|
|January 22||U16/19||Mansfield Ski Club||SL|
|January 27||U12||Chicopee Ski Club||SL|
|January 30||U14||Devils Glen||SL|
|*February 5||U8/U10||The Heights||GS|
|February 5||U12||London Flash||Kombi|
|February 12||U12||Chicopee Ski Club||GS|
|February 13||U14||Mansfield Sk iClub||SL|
|February 13||U16/19||Toronto Ski Club||GS|
|February 13||U14/U16||The Heights||SL|
|February 18||U10||Mansfield Ski Club-The SIGN of the skier invitational||GS|
|February 20||U14||Mansfield Ski Club||GS|
|February 25||U12||Mansfield Ski Club-The SIGN of the skier invitational||GS|
|February 26||U12||Milton Heights||SL|
|February 26||U12||The Heights||SL|
|February 27||U14||Craigleath Ski Club||GS|
|February 27||U16/19||Mansfield Ski Club||GS|
*U8/U10 Non AO event – $25 per racer
2022 Training Schedule
Weekly Local On Snow Training (Earl Bales Ski Centre)
**REMINDER – The Chalet at Earl Bales will be closed this season due to COVID protocols. Please come prepared to get dressed in your car.
*In the event Earl Bales Ski Centre is not open by the start of training, we will continue to train at Mt. St. Louis Moonstone until EBSC opens.
Parents of these youngest racers will be required to purchase lift tickets and ski with your child during the lesson.
Vaccination requirements as set out by the ski resorts must be followed for all skiers.
- Pre Season Dryland Training
- Dryland training will be run on a pay-as-you-go fee structure of $10/session, payable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please remember to sign in to Team Snap prior to each session you plan on attending. There will be a maximum number of participants per session as per current COVID gathering regulations, so DO NOT show up if you have not registered on Team Snap first.Dryland training participation will be offered as a pay as you go ($10/session) option for all racers for the remainder of the season.
- Saturdays from 10 am to noon for the remainder of the 2021 season – February 20th onwards.
- 9:55 am in front of the Earl Bales Community Centre (4169 Bathurst St.) .
- Dryland training is a great all-ages fitness activity that will get your kids moving again and keep them training with their team until next ski season.
***NEW THIS YEAR***CANCELLED until further notice
NYARC RULES AND INFORMATION
The Head Coach is Dirk Vanhauwaert
All racers must be able to ski confidently, and have previous ski training, including ski lessons.
The on snow training at Earlbales is only 2-3 hours each day – so the expectation is that racers be on skis and ready to go at least 15 minutes before the start of training and report to the coach on the “Race Hill” to get instructions.
Racers should come to the hill prepared to train.
5 pm training drop-off no later than 4:30 pm and pick up no later than 7:30 pm.
7 pm training drop-off no later than 6:30 pm and pick no later than 9:30 pm.
Racers must not drift off from the team; not participating in training sessions is not acceptable.
Racers are expected stay with the group and train for the entire training period, following the directions of the coaches.
If a racer needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach.
Racers are expected to help tear down the training course and smooth out the snow if requested.
Please contact coaches via email: email@example.com, if racer cannot attend training.
Parents are asked to observe training from a safe distance at the top the Earl Bales racing hill.