NYARC racers train mid-week, when the hills are less busy and offer greater chances at social distancing!
Dryland Training (begins October 3rd, 2020)
- Dryland training participation is mandatory for all racers!
- Saturdays from 10 am to noon during October and November, weather permitting.
- 9:55 am in front of the Earl Bales Community Centre (4169 Bathurst St.) .
- The training leads us around the Earl Bales Community Centre including the adjacent open air theatre, the ski hills and ravine system.
- All training is conducted respecting COVID-19 social distancing guidelines
On Snow Training (begins January 6th, 2021 – weather permitting)
The NYARC coaching philosophy emphasizes FUN, Team Building and Developing Racing Skills in all ages!
- On snow training is mid-week every Wednesday 5-7 pm, Thursday 7-9pm and Friday 5-8pm at Earl Bales Ski and Snowboard Centre
- U8/U10 train – Wednesdays and Fridays 5-7pm. Parents of these youngest racers are expected to assist coaches with the group training on a rotating schedule basis.
- U12/U14/U16/U18 train – Wednesdays 5-7pm, Thursdays 7-9pm, Fridays – 5-8pm
- Our evening training schedule means a less crowded hill, allowing for greater social distancing on the lifts, in training and in the chalet
NYARC RULES AND INFORMATION
The Head Coach is Dirk Vanhauwaert
All racers must be able to ski confidently, and have previous ski training, including ski lessons.
The on snow training at Earlbales is only 2-3 hours each day – so the expectation is that racers be on skis and ready to go at least 15 minutes before the start of training and report to the coach on the “Race Hill” to get instructions.
Racers should come to the hill prepared to train.
5 pm training drop-off no later than 4:30 pm and pick up no later than 7:30 pm.
7 pm training drop-off no later than 6:30 pm and pick no later than 9:30 pm.
Racers must not drift off from the team; not participating in training sessions is not acceptable.
Racers are expected stay with the group and train for the entire training period, following the directions of the coaches.
If a racer needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach.
Racers are expected to help tear down the training course and smooth out the snow if requested.
Please contact coaches via email: email@example.com, if racer cannot attend training.
Parents are asked to observe training from a safe distance at the top the Earl Bales racing hill.