NYARC racers train mid-week, when the hills are less busy and offer greater chances at social distancing!
Dryland Training – ALL AGES – Saturday, February, 20, 2021
- Dryland training will be run on a pay-as-you-go fee structure of $10/session, payable to email@example.com.
- Please remember to sign in to Team Snap prior to each session you plan on attending. There will be a maximum number of participants per session as per current COVID gathering regulations, so DO NOT show up if you have not registered on Team Snap first.Dryland training participation will be offered as a pay as you go ($10/session) option for all racers for the remainder of the season.
- Saturdays from 10 am to noon for the remainder of the 2021 season – February 20th onwards.
- 9:55 am in front of the Earl Bales Community Centre (4169 Bathurst St.) .
- Dryland training is a great all-ages fitness activity that will get your kids moving again and keep them training with their team until next ski season.
On- Snow Training at Mount St Louis Moonstone, 24 Mount St Louis Road West, RR#4, Coldwarter, ON. L0K 1E0. Exit 131, Hwy 400.
2021 Training Schedule at Mt St Louis Moonstone, is optional and the pay structure moving forward will be pay-as-you-go. Coaching fees are a flat $25/session, payable before each session to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Considering the pay-as-you-go nature of the remainder of the season, NYARC will not be purchasing any group tickets. Each family will be responsible for purchasing their own tickets through MSL’s web site. MSL evening tickets (3:30-9pm) are $50/each–although you are of course welcome to purchase tickets earlier to ski before the lesson as well.
ON-SNOW TRAINING SCHEDULE – beginning February 17, 2021
U14/U16 – Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays 5-9pm and Sundays 4 – 8pm
U8/U10/U12 – Sundays 4-6pm. Parents of these youngest racers will be required to purchase lift tickets and ski with your child during the lesson.
Alpine Ontario Fees: Given the current situation, we have revised our policy.If your child is under U14, or is U14/16 and will not be doing gates (potentially Thursdays at MSL) or participating in OCUP races through AO (again, potentially), we will NOT require you to register with AO as a prerequisite to training with us.
NYARC RULES AND INFORMATION
The Head Coach is Dirk Vanhauwaert
All racers must be able to ski confidently, and have previous ski training, including ski lessons.
The on snow training at Earlbales is only 2-3 hours each day – so the expectation is that racers be on skis and ready to go at least 15 minutes before the start of training and report to the coach on the “Race Hill” to get instructions.
Racers should come to the hill prepared to train.
5 pm training drop-off no later than 4:30 pm and pick up no later than 7:30 pm.
7 pm training drop-off no later than 6:30 pm and pick no later than 9:30 pm.
Racers must not drift off from the team; not participating in training sessions is not acceptable.
Racers are expected stay with the group and train for the entire training period, following the directions of the coaches.
If a racer needs to leave the training either for a few minutes or early – he/she must notify the coach.
Racers are expected to help tear down the training course and smooth out the snow if requested.
Please contact coaches via email: email@example.com, if racer cannot attend training.
Parents are asked to observe training from a safe distance at the top the Earl Bales racing hill.